05 August 2010

Saying goodbye to my best friend.

I just wanted to stop in and share a pic of my lil guy. I actually just put him down this last week. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. Not sure I am still Ok with it but I know it was the right thing to do. Tigger was 13 going on 14, with only 3 legs, going blind and had no teeth left. He was my 18th birthday present from my brother. We went thru graduating High School, College, my service in the military(including long deployments), the birth of my 2 daughters and the loss of my parents together. Everywhere I went so did he if it was possible. The fact that he only weighed 4 lbs helped alot with this. He was truely mans best friends and I pray that some day I will see him again.


Sorry to get so mushy, thank you for letting me share

5 comments:

  1. I lost my best friend three years ago and it still hurts. Funny how those little guys can win your heart, and keep it, faster and easier then a human. And I do believe you'll see your baby again. My heart goes out to you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure dogs do go to heaven. You will see him again and remember now he is running in the sunshine and seeing again. I am so sorry for your loss. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to put my dog down last summer, he was 13 years old and a big dog and so he was really old for that. It was the hardest thing I think I've almost done except my younger sister's funeral. My Dad's was hard too but he was sick and it was expected. The vet was great though and made it easier. Looks like you have another dog though not the same at least you still have a pet. We have a cocker and he is about 8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the kind words. Tigger was really special to me and even weeks later I still hear him barking in my mind sometimes. I know it will get better. As you know I have another dog Sadie, she is a Huskie and is also getting up in years. I think this has been almost as hard on her as me. That was her little buddy, even with the 60lb diffrence.lol It was always the 2 of them.
    Thank you all again and God Bless.
    Kat

    ReplyDelete